Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bug's life



The pink wild lilies always catch my eyes although they are trespassers in the flower beds. Today I met an even more attractive intruder who was resting on a soft petal and I was wishing I was small enough to sit on the next flower and listen to my friend's adventures... :)



The butterfly is known as the Common Grass Dart (Taractrocera maevius)...Yea, he seemed a bit confused to me too...lol
What struck me most were the two pairs of wings that were held at right angles to each other and the striped antennae....

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing. What a wonderful macro shot of the butterfly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fantastic!

    Great capture Patali! Have you taken any photography lessons? Your photographs getting better and better everyday … awesome :)

    Yep! it looks quite confusing for me as well… lol… I can remember seen these kind of butterflies when I was a kid but not anymore.. Maybe they have shifted their residency to your garden …. :D

    Love the bokeh of the 2nd pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both,

    The credit of my improvement, if at all.. should go to the feedback I get from you all...

    I really do wish I had time to take lessons...maybe next life :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you know the basics it’s all about taking snaps and improve your skills (without going to photography classes). That’s the same advice I got from a professional photographer (one of my uncles :)

    So I don’t think you need to take lessons anyway.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. what stunning snaps. My first time seeing a double winged butterfly, esp. a one that poses like a tiny airplane. =D

    ReplyDelete